Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

Wow, I really thought I would have written a few blog posts during break. Not working on school stuff, not on newspaper or yearbook deadlines, time to blog, right?

Well, not so much.

I've been doing lots of work around the house - general organizing and spring cleaning, cleaning up the yard (raked a lot today). Mitzi and I hit the Shawnee St. Pat's parade and the KC St. Pat's parade to sell beads for Team in Training. We did pretty well at both - sold all the beads she ordered, and didn't have to deal with drunk a$$holes, so that was nice.

Betsy came over Monday night and we shot some photos of stuff to put on eBay. I've got three items out there right now - hopefully they'll sell so I'll have some more donation money for Team in Training.

I got to have lunch with two out of town friends - Candice and her boyfriend on Monday, and Sharon on Wednesday. It's nice to a.) be able to see friends from out of town, and b.) get to go out to lunch!

Mitzi and I will be having a benefit garage sale on April 3 and 4, here at the homestead. If you're here in town, and you've done a little spring cleaning, we'd happily take your cast-offs off your hands! Consider it de-cluttering for a great cause...

I can't believe it's already Friday night of break. This week FLEW by. We didn't do anything special, just tons of little tasks and catching up on home stuff that gets sloughed off during school days.

Our group training is tomorrow morning at Longview Lake. Eight miles. Then, we've got our Silent Auction/Benefit Dinner at Red Robin on 95th and Metcalf. Hopefully tons of people can be there, and we'll get some good traffic. I'll be there a little early, handing out flyers to diners so we can get the 10 percent donation from Red Robin for their food bills.

I'm headed to Wichita tomorrow right after training - it's L's birthday party time again. The trip was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't get everything done before today. So, it'll be a quick down and backer.

I probably have no blog readers left since I'm not regularly updating, but if you're out there:

Ask me some questions. I need some writing prompts so I can get back in the blogging state of mind. You ask, I'll answer...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know, I've switched blogs. I am reading Bets Week Ever now. She posts! and she rocks! Just teasing but Betsy's blogs are great. Love the dog.

The Lunds said...

Hi Jill - I have some things that I've been saving for a hypothetical garage sale that will never happen. Want them? Not promising it is great stuff, but some framed pictures, tables, decorative stuff. I'm sure I can dig up some more ... let me know!

chitknit said...

Aunt Janet? Is that you? Are you deserting me?

;-)

And yes, Molly - I'll take whatever you want to give up. I can come pick it up this weekend or whenever works for you. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Man, you are GOOD! Anonymous will never DESERT you but I just like some new reading material every now and then. Hope the fundraising is going well. Need more cookies?

Unknown said...

How do you see El Guapo doing this spring Season? We are currently holding both the spring and summer titles. Can we make it a three-peat?

Is three-peat hyphinated?

If El Guapo, collectively was an animal, which animal would it be and why?

If you could play any board game with any president what game would it be, with which president, and why?

That's all I have now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails