Sunday, August 16, 2009

Now, it's time to go back, officially

School's officially back in session tomorrow. I can already tell you that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I'm starting my sixth year teaching, third at BV, and the butterflies will be fluttering like mad tonight and tomorrow morning. I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished on these last few work days, so hopefully the butterflies can calm down a bit.

Most of the day Friday I worked in my room, filing and organizing and sending out items to be copied. Then, I took Friday night and Saturday completely off from school concerns.

Adam and I got to celebrate (?) the Death of Summer by spending Friday night at the Doubletree, along with dinner at the Bristol. We won gift certificates for those two things in a charity auction last year. Dinner was so good, and then we did a little shopping at Town Center Plaza before heading back to the hotel. Our room was on the 18th floor, so we had a great view of all the construction on the 435-69 freeway interchange...

Mitzi and I spent a little time in the pool yesterday afternoon. We got a little sunning in before the clouds rolled in and the rain started. I'm pretty sure I played a little Bejeweled yesterday, as well.

I did go to school today for about four hours. I've gotten my head wrapped around the next few days. Even though I don't like to do that on the weekends, I feel like it's going to make my life easier during school. We'll see if that holds true or not.

Next on tap: I'm going to watch an episode of Ruby, then head out for a run this afternoon. I haven't RUN in a long time. I've been doing lots of TV workouts with Jillian Michaels (the super duper hard core trainer from Biggest Loser) and walking a lot. Usually I shoot for 60 minutes of exercise time each day. I'm not sure why I've lost my running mojo. Hopefully it will return soon. Maybe the heat? Maybe I was bored with it? I don't know.

Does anyone have any new fun workouts they're doing that I should try? And don't say Pilates, because I can already tell you, I will not be doing that any time soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails