Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Exercise on a Tuesday

I've set a goal for this summer: exercise for 60 minutes every day. Any kind of exercise. Running, walking, Bob or Jillian DVD, whatevah.

HOPEFULLY, because my summer schedule is certainly less packed than the school year, I'll be able to make that happen. Basically, what I need to do is convince myself that getting out of bed and putting on the exercise clothes is the way to go. Then, just do it right away and get it overwith.

Sometimes in health magazines, one of their "tricks" to motivate is sleeping with your exercise gear on. Gross. There's no way in hell I'm sleeping in a sports bra. Un. Comfortable. I hope I can get past the five minutes it will take me to change without losing the motivation.

Tonight I went out hoping to do a 60-minute run. That turned into a 1-mile run followed by a 45-minute walk with a few sprint intervals thrown in. Sometimes, I get out there and I just can't stomach the run. Tonight was one of those nights. I try not to beat myself up over it too much, because I know I should consider the fact that I did get up off my butt for an hour is a victory in and of itself.

Especially on a Tuesday. Usually, I'm in class from 5-9 p.m., so I burn about, oh, 7 calories sitting in a classroom taking notes.

We'll see how this little experiment goes. Maybe I should throw a quarter in a jar every day that I actually do 60 minutes. Then, maybe I can buy something for myself before school starts with my hard-earned change...

1 comment:

Bets said...

I like your plan!
How many calories do you think we burn when laying out at the pool? Probably none. What if you walk back & forth in the pool while reading? That's gotta count for something, right?
I know I'll be cursing the days that I'm tutoring at 8am this summer, but at least I'll be up and I can get a walk in with Minnie before the mid-day heat comes!
You've motivated me to pull my work-out DVDs out ... now if I can stay motivated long enough to actually do them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails