Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday morning at the Nelson

Betsy rallied the troops for a photo outing on the grounds of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art this morning. Molly brought Ellen, and Molly and Betsy's friend Marie brought her son, Preston. The weather was perfect for a little outdoor time to hone photo skills, which Betsy has been doing a great job of on her other blog.

Preston sorta kissed Ellen when asked. It was more like a drive-by kissing (or an air-kiss, I guess).


The lovely McKnight-Lund ladies.


You might have seen this little one over on the View Across Town.


I don't have kids of my own, so I might not be the best judge, but I'm guessing that free will in children can be a scary thing for parents sometimes!


Ah, and the woman saying "I know, I don't know what the heck he's thinking" has already started.


It's not a photo shoot at the Nelson without pictures of the shuttlecocks.


Caroline and Ellen take a nice little walk along the shaded path.



Thanks, Betsy, for getting us all out to enjoy the beautiful weather and friendship.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post - it will be a caption contest with an outtake from today.

5 comments:

Bets said...

GREAT PICS, Jilly! Thanks for coming with ... and taking such wonderful pictures of my family :)

Ruh roh! Should I be scared of who or what is in the outtake?

E Lund said...

You really ARE a professional! Great pics - thanks for sharing!n

chitknit said...

Thanks, guys! Glad you like the photos. I need a little kick in the pants every once in a while to get out there and shoot.

Marie Hooker said...

GREAT photos!! The kissing one is priceless, and the Free Will one is classic.

distaff said...

I need a BIG distraction today and you provided it. thanks Jill. Loved sharing the beautiful morning with you. I like the way you quietly went about getting meaningful photos. Of course, it helped that you had no herding responsibilities.

Related Posts with Thumbnails