Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a 180.

I won't go into too much detail about winter break and then winter break 2.0 (the three snow days last week) because I'm sure you're tired of hearing about "all the extra time off" teachers get.

This week has been a complete turnaround from last week's life of leisure.

First of all, we're back to regularly scheduled programming at school.

Second, yearbook is trying to complete a deadline that was due last Friday. We didn't finish because of the snow days. Plus, we had proofs to return on Monday night.

Third, newspaper's deadline is next Monday (which we have off for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday), so they had worknight this week.

Fourth, my grad class was Tuesday night from 5-9.

Fifth, AFTER newspaper worknight, we had 8th grade round up, where they come in and learn about all of the possible activities they can get involved in. That didn't get over until 8:30.

So, Monday, got home about 6:30.

Tuesday: 9 p.m. (prof let us out a tiny bit early, thankfully).

Wednesday: 9 p.m.

Tonight: 5:40 (left fairly early, just had heavy traffic heading home).

Tomorrow is finally Friday. I think last week's unexpected vacation left me seriously unprepared for a full work week. I had psyched myself up to return on the day after Christmas break, and having the snow days was a real motivation killer!

There's good news and bad news at the end of this tunnel: Since it's MLK day on Monday, newspaper won't have a day at school to work on deadline. So, we're working on Saturday during the day. Good news is, WHEN we get done on Saturday (when, not IF), we won't have to work on Saturday, so I'll still get to have a "weekend" - two days off.

When you think of me this week, visualize a hamster on a wheel, trying in vain to keep up. I'm going to do a quick Biggest Loser Wii workout right now, before 30 Rock, since I have had ZERO time to exercise this week. There's a 7-mile run staring at me this weekend. It won't be pretty.

2 comments:

Bets said...

This week kicked my @$$!

I'm officially in bed right now at 9:30 ... and we all know that's unheard of! I even had a nap earlier tonight. Hoping I can make it through tomorrow ... have a feeling there will be a lot of Diet Coke in my future!

the pedigree artist said...

Whilst cruising blogs, I found yours and read your last few posts. I think you should shut the TV off LOL!! I don't have cable myself (refuse to pay for TV) so at the end of the day I watch a lot of PBS (when they're not pledging). But I haven't seen the TB ad but have seen the truck ad. I agree with you on the points you make, but alas, it's marketing that makes the world go 'round. Besides I think it's all the people watching Jersey Shore that are eating at Taco Bell anyway!!
Have a great weekend!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails