Saturday, June 18, 2011

Let the marathon training begin

I saw somewhere (maybe it was in my email) that there will be a Rock and Roll Marathon in St. Louis this fall. Travel to there will be fairly cheap (we can drive), and I needed a little running mojo motivation.

So, Hubs and I signed up for the race. He'll do the half, I'll do the full. I've been working out, but I haven't been doing a lot of running lately. I've been sampling different classes at Lifetime, and doing DVD workouts at home. I run maybe once or twice a week.

That's going to change. I did an easy two-miler on Wednesday (before we decided on this hare-brained scheme), and we signed up last night for the race. Today, I ran a 5k on the treadmill at the gym. It felt good, and I ran it a little faster than I usually would. I would like to run this race a little faster than the last two marathons I've done. We'll see how that goes.

I think this will be a good carrot, because once summer workshop season starts, exercise isn't high on my priority list. With a marathon on the calendar, running will HAVE to be on that list over the next weeks and months.

PS - Friends and family, you'll probably be happy to know that I'm not doing this race for charity, so I won't be asking you for lots of money over the next few months! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails