Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm just not that into

...movies where single female characters make conscious decisions to pursue, sleep with and break up the marriages of males in the film.

We saw "He's Just Not that Into You" tonight at Town Center. It was a good chick flick for a Saturday night of light entertainment, but not sure I would pay $10 again to see it. We rarely go to movies during prime time of the weekend, so the talking/moving around and general rudeness of the teen population was a bit disappointing.

They're so good during the day at school - why do some of them turn into jerks while out in public?

I thought the film itself was just interesting enough to keep my attention, but overall, the story and characters were a bit thin - they were more like general stereotypes than well-developed individuals.

•••

Mitzi and I ran all over town today, not with our feet (unfortunately) but in the car. The plan was to get up, head to the high school, run laps around the halls. The athletes do this all the time when the weather is bad.

We got there, and I had everything I need EXCEPT my running shoes. Kinda needed those to get a 10-mile run done.

So, we went back to Mitzi's got cleaned up, and headed out to drum up donations for the silent auction. People must have felt sorry for us, since we were out driving and trudging through the three inches of snow on the ground.

We got a bunch of gift cards to local bars, and for a spa day - it was a great day all around for fundraising. Hopefully the items will draw some bids at the auction.

We spent about four hours soliciting donations today, so I'm glad we had some success. It's really hard to do when you have doors slammed in your face.

If you're in the KC area - join us at Red Robin on Monday, March 23 from 5-10 p.m. They'll be items up for bid, and 10 percent of food and drink purchases will be donated to Team in Training - get a great meal for a great cause!

The bad news about today was that because I'm an idiot and forgot my shoes, we did not get the run in. We've switched our Sunday rest day and Saturday long run day. So, you can find me on the stinkin' treadmill at Gold's Gym for about two hours tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails