Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why won't the weather cooperate?

Last night, I ran 3.5 miles, and it was almost 7 p.m. when I was done. Today, when I left school, it was B E A utiful outside - sunny, no wind, car thermometer said 68 degrees.

This Saturday morning, the team is running 10 miles, and what's the weather forecast? SNOWY, windy, 30 degrees.

Seriously?

And, it's not just the I-don't-want-to-run-in-the-cold part that bothers me. I work in all day long in a classroom that's in the middle of our building, with no windows. I never know what the weather is like, or get to enjoy the nice days until after 5 p.m.!

Come on weather gods, give us some nice weather on the WEEKEND for a change.

Last Friday, some of my students and I traveled to Emporia State on the big yellow twinkie for their journalism regional contest. We had 13 students who qualified for state! So, those students will compete in May at KU. I'm so excited for them, and so happy that my students are so passionate and dedicated to what they do. All those wins makes our frozen bus ride worth it!

Seriously, when we trooped off the bus, most of us couldn't feel our feet - the heater wasn't working, and some of the windows wouldn't go all the way up and stay. Twenty degree temps and those bus factors makes for a bunch of student-cicles. I had brought along a book to read on the bus, but I gave up because I couldn't turn the pages wearing gloves, and I was so cold I didn't want to take my gloves off!

Just watched LOST - now it's time for bed. So, this one's short and sweet, but it IS an update...Who's watching LOST? What do you guys think? I can't decide what the hell is going on with Ben and Widmore. It's frustrating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your winners. My writers can't write! My photogs kicked butt which pleased me. State is on Kaylee's birthday and I have only one person who isn't a carry-in so it will be a quick trip for me.
You're right the weather has been beautiful but I'm only getting in 3 miles between school and supper and evening activities. The weather can be crappy this weekend for me since I'll be sitting in a gym in Hays America watching 5th graders play basketball. I do have to get in a long run on Sunday.
Enjoy the rest of the week! Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails