Friday, November 7, 2008

Voila!

We had the extended family over for birthday cake and dinner Sunday night for Dad's belated birthday. It was the motivation I needed to finally get the Kraft Korner (or Crap Room, as Adam is fond of calling it) finally cleaned up and somewhat organized.

Basically, all that junk you're looking at has been there since we moved in right before school started. It's the remnants of what was in our spare bedroom/office at the apartment, and it was all thrown in boxes during the move.

Read: I didn't want to deal with it then, and I really still don't want to deal with it now, but it must be done.

Saturday morning, it looked like the above photos.

Sunday night, before dinner, it looked like this:

Ahhhh. Finally, some organized living. (Yes, I know our chairs and table don't match. Get over it.) Maybe we'll just call it shabby chic.

There's the built-ins, finally cleaned up.

My big project was getting my junk organized, Adam's was coordinating the hanging of the mirrors. As you can see, he was spent. But, those mirrors look pretty damn good. We weren't even thinking about them when we picked paint colors, but I think they look really good with our paint and furniture.

And, every time I look at them, I'll think of Dave and the Lovings, since they were wedding presents from them!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam simply must keep the mustache. with out it he's just a guy on a couch. With it, the picture tells a different story and is blog worthy!

Bets said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it all in person. :)

Candice said...

Looks great. I love that your chairs and table don't match. Sew up some mis-matched cushions in a fun print and it's definitely shabby chic!

Bets said...

P.S. Don't forget that Monica Gellar (Queen of a perfect home) had mis-matched chairs at their kitchen table! It adds character!

chitknit said...

I like the cushions idea. That sounds like a good project.

Mitzi said...

Love the mirrors! They look fantastic!!

Kathryn said...

Looks great. Can you come over and organize my scrap stuff?

Bets said...

Kat!
That was gonna be MY project! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails