Thursday, April 5, 2007

I can see them now.

It's April 5 in Wichita, it was 80 degrees on Monday, and right now it is snowing like Christmas morning.

Do you know what this means?

The next three editions of the Eagle will be filled with Opinion Line calls something to the effect of:

See? All you global warming pushers? It's snowing in April. There's no such thing as global warming.

Global warming? Hah. When's the last time it snowed in April? I think there's some global cooling going on.

Yes, yes, you see. Much of the citizenry of Wichita will be happy to "debunk" the "rumor" of global warming based on one climate anomaly. Just you wait. In fact, I think I'll watch the Opinion Line the next few days, and post a few of the choice words.

Now, I better change and get to the Y before I lose my motivation. I'm up to 88.11 miles. I'm going to have to kick it in the ass if I'm going to make it to 750 by the end of the year. I guess I've figuratively run from here to Salina since Jan. 1.

Hopefully Sweaty McSweaterson won't be on the Elliptical next to me, and hopefully Creepy McMusclebound won't be trolling around the cardio area. Come on, workboots and cargo pants while you work out? Oh, yeah, that's right, you don't work out, you just sit at machines, grunt a lot, and take more "resting" walk breaks than you do reps.

2 comments:

Mike Shepherd said...

i know it boosts readership and gives people a reason to participate in the newspaper, but wichita would be a much better place without the eagle's opinion line proliferating such negative thinking by the city's least intelligent citizens.

Stacey Jenkins said...

LOL - I love the gym analogies - hey, you should read the new international global warming report warning released today : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17953433/ - it's pretty scary stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails