Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's been one week

since I posted. A lot of stuff has happened in that one week.

32 people killed in Blacksburg, Va.

My beautiful students inducted into Quill and Scroll

Adam's mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer

The wind has been blowing about 50 miles an hour for two days

We completed 10 yearbook pages

We paid more than $1300 in taxes (thanks Uncle Sam)

I planted four new flowerbeds (small ones)

One of my former students left for Iraq

I attended a "sleepover"

I have officially finished the last class I have to take to become a "real" teacher

Newspaper staff completed their paper on deadline (with no major stress-outs for Bon, and no all-nighters for Bon)

4Q progress reports went out - that means there's only 20ish days of school left...


I guess after all of that, today was a nice day - I worked in and around the house, and I wasn't even grumpy while doing so. I even washed dishes (well, some of the dishes). Mindless chores helps process all of the flotsam in my brain at times like this.

I'd like to go start a new knitting project - so I will close for tonight. We talked about doing yard work tomorrow after school, so maybe I'll let you know how that goes.

I saw in the Target ad that they have an $88 Polaroid digital camera on sale. That might be just what the doctor ordered to make this here blog a tiny bit more visually interesting...

2 comments:

Stacey Jenkins said...

hey Jill - I feel SO bad about bailing on you yesterday!! I have the worst allergy/head cold ever! I haven't slept in 2 days and can only breath through my nose - my head is constantly pounding - happy spring!! The digital polorios looks fun - does it still shoot out pics as well?

Anonymous said...

It's so sad that a photographer doesn't have a camera to her name! (-:

Related Posts with Thumbnails