Monday, April 9, 2007

The No Camera Lament

Ugh. So many things I could show you if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to upload pics from my camera phone. I refuse to bow down to the man, on this one, so I will wait until I have a real live digital camera to upload photos.

We watched "The Ice Harvest" tonight. It's a movie that takes place in Wichita. It's all about this mob lawyer and his weirdo buddies. I'm here to tell you - not one damn scene in that movie was actually filmed in Wichita - I'm sure of it. The view of downtown "Wichita" shows two buildings of any size. I realize we're not Metropolis, but we do feature more than that. At least the scenes featuring ice-encrusted landscapes were actually plains shots. As a Kansan, there is nothing that bugs me more than a movie purported to take place in Kansas, yet there are mountains in the background of some of their shots.

Yes, we have beautiful, rolling Flint Hills, and Gyp Hills, and the high plains, but dang it, folks - there are no mountains in the Sunflower State. One other thing - Kansas does not require front license plates for non-vanity tags, and in the movie, the cars all had front plates.

But I digress. The reason I mentioned the camera thing first off is because while we were watching said movie, Adam had his feet up on the coffee table, and Gracie just plopped herself right down on his legs, curled up and went to sleep. It was the coziest Adam-Gracie moment I've ever seen. He talks a good game of stepcat-hatin', but secretly, Adam really does like Gracie...


AND, I completed my first matching hat and scarf set tonight. Photo that didn't happen No. 2.

Since I'm headed to the Rockies later this week, I thought I'd better take some sort of winter accessories. I'll be posting from the road, as long as the wireless access in our hotel is free.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails