Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sorry, Kermie...

but it's SO easy being green.

This weekend, we took some baby steps toward actually helping Mother Earth. (Of course, it would take about ninety bazillion baby steps to make up for the legions of folks who still believe humans don't impact the environment.)

Yesterday, I planted an oak tree in our front yard. We'll help filter CO2 and release a little O2 into the air. Thanks, by the way, to my good friend Stacey for picking up the tree at the Arbor Day giveaway downtown.

Yesterday, we (yes, WE, Adam actually went this time!!) took our recyclables to Pro-KS. Gotta tell you, I can't even believe how much emptier our trash cart is every week thanks to Pro-KS. We went super-early, so there were no lines, no waiting.

Today, we shopped at Wal-Mart. I know, I know, there's a lot of people out there who will say that we can't be "green" if we support the evil empire. But, damn, fam's on a budget, you know?

We did, however, take our own bags with us so that we wouldn't to use the plastic bags. And, I didn't even have to go on Oprah to get a free canvas bag. We already had them around la casa. The checker at Wally's looked at us like we were raving freaks when I told her I would bag my own goods.

By the way, does ANYONE know when the Old Town Farmer's Market returns? We're ready for the locally grown produce!

2 comments:

Candice said...

The Farmer's Market (didn't know we even had one here) may not be too well off this year since they lost lots of produce during the freeze.

Stacey Jenkins said...

I talked to Connie here at work (city events coordinator) the famer's market eill begin May 19th. Cinco de Mayo Festival is this coming weekend then river run the next weekend then river festival.

Related Posts with Thumbnails