Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All right, all right.

Here you go, Candice. It's my update, and what an update it will be.

It's been a little crazy around here the last few weeks. Horrendous yearbook deadline, two newspapers in basically a three-week timespan, took kids to state (Derby tied for 2nd overall in 6A, baby!), oh, and I resigned my position at Derby.

Adam and I will be moving to Overland Park this summer - I've been hired as the journalism teacher at Blue Valley High School. I can already tell, I'm going to get tired of hearing the question: "Which one? North? Northwest?"

In Blue Valley district, they have the directionals, and they have Blue Valley. That's where I'll be. It's old school.

I can finally write about it on here, because I decided on Sunday to accept the job (this all happened in the space of a week), and because I finally was able to tell my yearbook and newspaper kids today. So, it's officially official. I think they took it pretty well, and I just hope they continue to do awesome work for the next adviser who steps in.

I am so proud of my Derbyans, and I can't even tell you. In fact, I'll show you a few photos...







Yes, I like them so much I will even have my photo taken standing next to a freakin' Jayhawk.



However, I am not above faking vomiting when standing in front of the KU Memorial Football Stadium.

I'm also working on about a zillion knitting projects right now. I'll post a few photos later.

So much to say, but I'll break it up into easily digestible chunks.

We're all about the reader services here at the Chittum Files.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the barf shot at KU.

Candice said...

I don't know what to say really. It'll be a good opportunity for you to be closer to your family and it'll be a good change, but it'll be tough. Derby's losing a good teacher. What did Dr. Sherwood have to say about it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails