Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thoughts are buzzing in my noggin

Holy crap, I think the wind is blowing about 70 miles an hour or something. Must be a storm brewing. Kind of a pain when you're doing things outside, but it makes for great sleeping weather.

•••

So, here's a photo of my latest initiate into the Cult of Knitters:



Looks great, doesn't she? I think that was Amy's second scarf, but I could be wrong.

•••

So, yesterday was a tough day at school, and today MORE than made up for it. My newspaper kids are so crafty. (By that I mean sly, as well as art and crafty). While I was on my awesomely long teacher lunch break (30 minutes), they managed to talk Mr. K into letting them in my room, and decorated with streamers and a TON of balloons. They threw me a surprise going-away/congratulations party. I love those kids! Photos will be posted tomorrow - we took tons.

•••

Last but not least of the random thoughts - Adam and I are embarking upon a bet this summer. Beginning Tuesday, when we wake up and weigh in, we are attempting a summer weight loss plan. The biggest reason is probably because we want to start training for a marathon in August. It'll be nice to be a few pounds down and a little healthier when that begins.

He's got to lose 15. I've got to lose 10. Whoever does it first wins the bet. He gets a new tattoo (cash value not to exceed $100) and I get $100 worth of new clothes.

So, now I REALLY have to get my tail out of bed to head to the Y in the mornings. Me and Sock Girl and Sweaty McSweaterson will be pacing one another on the ol' treadmills.

We'll see who is the Biggest Loser.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you Jill...you should make a maintence goal too (like staying that weight for 2 weeks).

Stacey Jenkins said...

hooray for you!! I am SOOO sore this AM from the class and running - but I tell ya if you want to shape up fast it's a killer combo - now if I can just stay away from the cake...

Stacey Jenkins said...

hooray for you!! I am SOOO sore this AM from the class and running - but I tell ya if you want to shape up fast it's a killer combo - now if I can just stay away from the cake...

Related Posts with Thumbnails