Friday, May 18, 2007

So begins the things I'll miss the most about Doodah.

In know particular order, I'll be posting various homages (can you pluralize that word? Unsure.) throughout the next nine weeks.

Because I have a photo to illustrate "Book Club" I will be writing about "Book Club" tonight. As you can see, it's not a photo I shot at book club, but a photo of one of my favorite people from book club.

This is Shannon. She used to work at the Eagle (hence her being a member of the Eagle book club) so that's how I first met her. One day, Shannon and I will start the revolution. Viva la revolucion! Reading books like "The Nanny Diaries" and "Nickel and Dimed in America" really pisses Shannon and I off. Someday, our brains will find a way to correct all the social ills in the world.

She's only one of the people I'll miss from Book Club. It's one of my favorite nights each month - I get to see so many people that I don't work with anymore, and I get caught up on all the Eagle gossip. (We are journalists, it's what we do.)

It's incredible to be in a room filled with strong-willed, intelligent women for a few hours. Add a few bottles of wine to the mix (and some Bud Lights with limes for Carrie) and we really get going. Sometimes I do think that if women (and only women) were given a shot at solving problems of the world, they just might be able to do it. Things wouldn't degenerate into a pissing match each time there was a disagreement.

Sidenote: We went to the Keeper of the Plains dedication ceremony tonight. People lined the river between the pedestrian bridges and Exploration Place. It's great to see the people of Wichita come out and support something like that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails