Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Finer Things Club is back in bidness!

Well, well, well. I finally got to play trivia last night - for the SECOND time this whole summer, and we won! The win rockets us up to third place overall for this 10-week session. If all of us can play each week for the next three weeks, we just might take first, if we can oust stupid Carl Ramrod. (And their voice-recognition technology phones - bastards!)

Maybe we won because I was feeling some great "The Office" mojo after our first staff meeting of the year - one of the presenters showed us two clips from the show during her spiel. We all got good laughs out of that.

I had visions of playing trivia all summer long, every week, not a care in the world, since it would never be a school night. Then, I ended up being gone a LOT more than I realized I would be.

See The Bets Week Ever for info on our final wager question...Thank God I was such a fool for the Karate Kid II movie when I was a kid - that helped us get close on the year, and a little help from Trav's brother with a verification by phone.

Since the team had been beaten by a faster entry a few weeks ago, we moved over to be right next to the DJ for the final question. Little did we know, that move put us right between My Favorite Team (our biggest rivals) and the DJ. I'm kinda liking this new "physical intimidation" strategy...

You can also see on Betsy's blog that DJ Big Dog has been reading our blog posts about Xtreme Team Trivia - I guess that's what being Google-searchable will do for you.

By the way, O trivia fans in Wichita, you need to post on here if you'd be interested in playing down there - where would you play? Big Dog says he's actually trying to break into the Wichita market, if he can find some bars who are interested. Maybe you should let him know!

•••

We just got home a little bit ago. I was at school until about 6, then we had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings - haven't been there in a while. My new obsession Michael Phelps (yes, a total bandwagoner, but who isn't) will be swimming in a few minutes, so I've got to close for now.

6 comments:

Bets said...

Shoot! I missed the Phelps race tonight. I assume he's still a rock star!

Kathryn said...

Michael Phelps is the man!

Heather rules said...

Well tell Big Dog that my game can be brought anywhere! ;o)
I can stomp the butt off of someone at a hole in the wall or the friggin Larkspur. Let's do this!! Too cocky? Perhaps.

Nicki said...

I'd be in! And I know I could find a couple more....

chitknit said...

Sassy! I love it!

Bets said...

I WANNA READ A NEW BLOG POST! I WANNA READ A NEW BLOG POST!


Sorry to bug you, but I'm too tired to think, and you are normally pretty good about giving me inspiration to write! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails