Thursday, August 21, 2008

Two worlds collide

Today Trina and Bonnie stopped in to see me, since Bonnie had to bring Trina up to Lawrence. It was great timing, because they got to school during my supervision/editor's hour, when I only have two students in my room. We had lots of time to talk while I cut up contact forms for Back To School Night tonight.

Trina actually stopped by once before, so she has been to the new digs. She even did a bunch of lab aide work for me (made a bulletin board, made some drawer labels, stuff like that). Today, we just talked.

Hopefully next time they're in town, it'll be on a weekend, or during the evening, so we can go out to dinner or something, and have more time together. These two were two of the three editors from my final year at Derby, and two of the three who went to the Nashville convention with Amy and I. Bonnie, Trina and Sami are a huge part of my early advising days. If I can have kids like them every year, my job will be cake!

That, and, oh yeah, they were a part of the best practical joke I've ever been partly responsible for. When it's not the end of the fourth day of school, the end of Back To School night, I'll see if I can dig back through the blog and find the post about that joke. Or, maybe one of them would like to tell the story?

4 comments:

Bets said...

Mrs. Jilly!
You look so tan! Have you been sneaking out to the pool on your plan time? My tan is fading too quickly. :(

Amy D. said...

That seems so LONG ago. I can hardly even remember the deTAILS. How did we get their key? I DO remember the moving of the stuff, and how that bell boy helped. (-; Good times. I certainly remember the running through the halls with them on our tails.

alyson said...

I miss yearbook.

Wanted to leave a comment and say "hey, i'm reading!" And I cannot see you being (partly) responsible for a practical joke.

-alyson

chitknit said...

Yeah! So glad to see you're reading!

I'm not a huge practical joker, you're right about that, but dang, it was a good one. I'll tell you about it when I see you in person again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails