Monday, January 19, 2009

A somewhat productive vacation day

Looking back on today, it doesn't seem like I got that much done, but considering I sorted through an entire year of receipts and paperwork for taxes, I guess I accomplished something. Luckily, I had kept most of that stuff in one place, so I just had to go through and sort into piles.

Pretty sure it still took me almost two hours to get it done, though that time did include paying bills and sorting some other mail and paperwork.

Did a bunch of laundry (that's easy - it does itself while you do other things!), and knitted on the sweater for about two hours, too.

Spent some quality time with trainer Bob (a 25-minute cardiomax workout) and 30 minutes of Wii Fit. Mitzi and I have signed up for the Seattle Marathon with Team in Training, so I can't be sloughing off on the exercise when the going gets tough. Having the goal of the race day in mind really helps me focus and commit to training, rather than just doing it to stay in shape.

Hopefully in about two days, I'll have my Team in Training fundraising website up and running, and I'll put a link here. If you're not familiar with Team in Training, it's one of the biggest fundraisers for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. When I ran the San Diego marathon in 2006, I did that with Team in Training Kansas Chapter in Wichita. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The training is tough, the fundraising is scary, but it's a huge motivator to do it for such a good cause.

My fundraising goal for Seattle is $4,100. It'll be a challenge to raise $500 more than I did for the last race. In the next few days, watch for the donate link so you can be a part of it.

•••

Must go get ready for bed. I'd like to read for a bit before I fall asleep. Still working on "Friday Night Knitting Club: Knit Two." I hear the Wichita book club is reading "Revolutionary Road" and it sounds like it must be a good one - everyone's tweeting about it. Might have to add it to my list.

Tomorrow is newspaper late night. Somehow, I've got to fit in a 3.5 mile run. Guess I'll try to do it down in the fitness center before I come home from school.

Onward and upward.

3 comments:

kkw said...

If JD doesn't have a ball tourney, I'm planning on doing the OKC half at the end of April. I'm not training with anyone--you are lucky to have someone. Anyways I turn 40 May 3 and I want to do the half before that and a whole in the next year. Wish me luck.
kim

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you Secret for Revolutionary Road at CAG.

chitknit said...

Kim-
You can "virtually" train with Mitz and I if you want!

Related Posts with Thumbnails