Monday, January 12, 2009

You better recognize

Tonight we went to the girls basketball game at school. At halftime, the boys team members honored a teacher of their choosing. One of the newspaper photographers, Tom, chose me. It was very thoughtful, and fun to be there with the team and the other teachers. I can't remember exactly what was said about me because it's a little nerve-wracking being in front of people, but I do remember that it started with "She always pushes me to be my best" and that my classroom is a fun environment where everyone gets along and he enjoys being on newspaper. I wish I could have a copy of what he wrote. I should have had Betsy or Mitzi or Adam take notes! (But, they all did take photos. I had my own paparazzi going on.)

Above is one of the photos that Adam took. It's pretty funny, I think. I look TINY next to Tom (he's standing to my right). I don't think of myself as particularly short, but when you stand me up next to the tallest boy on the basketball team, I look damn short.

The game was a nice way to end a Monday night. Hopefully it will inspire me to do my best the rest of the week.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Aw! That is awesome!!! My high school newspaper teacher was my favorite as well and pushed me the most. I still think of her often. Go you!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey man that's cool. congrats.

chitknit said...

Geez, Dave, I thought I was the only one in town getting up in the five o'clock hour. Why are you up so early?

Unknown said...

I'm back on nights. so I work 10pm to 6am. Your blog is part in my last surfing rotation before I have to get everything set up before the morning person gets there.

Unknown said...

So nice of your student to nominate you. Congrats, Jill!

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you were recognized for the wonderful work that you do! I'd love to have you for my journalism teacher.

Anonymous said...

By the way, that anonymous comment is Rachel. I'm not sure why I can't post like I used to.

chitknit said...

Awwww, thanks guys! My students rock, and my friends rock. I'm a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. It's always nice to be recognized by our students (he is kinda tall). It's also nice to have some boys on staff....
I love your new blog venture!
Kim W

Related Posts with Thumbnails