Thursday, January 29, 2009

Viva la Taco Via

Don't worry, those of you who check out The View Across Town. I did mean to post this photo here today, even though I put it over there yesterday.

Betsy was kind enough to babysit me for a couple of hours last night between my school gigs. I live just far enough from school that I would have had about 10 minutes to sit down had I driven home after school and then returned for the 8th Grade Activities Fair. Betsy is a little closer, so we hung out for a while.

We couldn't decide what to do for dinner. We almost went to Chipotle. But then I thought - "Hey, we've been talking about Taco Via for a few weeks, let's go there." She lives pretty close.

We didn't get to go to Taco Via THAT much when I was a kid because it's over at 95th and Antioch, but I have vivid memories of eating there - the old-school menu boards, taco sauce in little cups, out of ketchup-ish dispensers, the logo that you see up there on the styrofoam cup. I remember going there with Mom sometimes - probably after shopping trips to Metcalf South or movies at the Glenwood (the real, cool Glenwood).

I'm glad at least the Taco Via hasn't changed. Can't say that for the other two.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails