Saturday, January 3, 2009

Will this sweater win me $1,000?

I don't know, but I'm going to find out. (I hope.)

I bought some yarn the day after Christmas for $1.99 a skein. It just so happens it is Vanna's Choice yarn. Yep, you heard that right - the queen of spokesmodels (or letter turners) has her own line of Lion Brand yarn.

Lion and Michael's are co-sponsoring a contest for anything knit with Vanna's Choice yarn. The deadline is Feb. 1, so I better get knitting. I was going to knit the sweater for Adam anyway, so this just gives me a deadline date to shoot for.

In that photo, you're looking at the back. The front has a single cable that runs vertically from the bottom ribbing up to the crewneck. It's not the most exciting pattern, but I had chosen it and begun to work it up, when Mitzi sent me a link about the contest. I figured that you probably had to have your own original pattern, but the rules state that you can submit something from a pattern book, which is what I'm doing. Entries will be judged on creativity and workmanship, and there are 32 prizes.

We'll see what happens.

Here's a photo of my finished duct tape bag from the other night. It makes a great tote for lots of things. I used it to take my knitting project to Betsy's yesterday. The only change I'd make is to use stronger staples next time. I'll have to put them on the shopping list.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails