Friday, January 2, 2009

Visit to Salt Lake City - Guest Blogger Adam

I'm not much of a "blogger" but here it goes. Here are some pictures from my trip to Utah. They are pretty self-explanatory, but if you really need a commentary, I guess I can take a few minutes out of my busy schedule to explain each picture.

Here are the three Chittum "Men." I use that term loosely as there is really only one man here.

While we didn't get to go skiing, we did tempt fate by hiking at approximately 6000ft during an avalanche warning.

I thought I was in good shape, but I fell behind Joshua almost from the start, struggling just to put one foot in front of another. It was brutal but definitely worth it.

The Ochre Mountain range, as seen from my parents' apartment. They claim the mountains are about 30 miles away. The Wasatch Mountains are about a mile directly behind me.

Is it wrong that this is one of my Dad's favourite beers? Only in Utah!

Amazing! A city about the same size as Kansas City that has a light rail system that people actually use!

Yes, we were able to go to the Jazz game.

Yes, the seats were really close.

Yes, we had a good time.

No, we didn't get Carlos Boozer's autograph.

Here we have a bar built into a trolley car. It only has like 4 stools in there so you and your friends have to go in shifts to drink.

Joshua is neither 37-54" tall nor "toilet trained." He was unable to play...


Mom and Dad are very proud of their daughter-in-law, who makes up for their son. They are showing off the gifts she made for them.



This is my attempt at "real" photography, during our Christmas Eve candle-light service.


Less we forget about the Mormons and how they pretty much control everything that goes on in Utah, we did find at least one person willing to stand up for what is right. Joshua is the one in the blue jacket and sunglasses.

So visit to Salt Lake City was all that I'd hoped it would be and more. I'm really glad that I got to see my Mom and Dad. -Guest blogger Adam

5 comments:

34th Stater said...

G.B. Adam...
Excellent travelogue and photography that measure up to the normal Chittum Files quality.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Anonymous said...

What are your folks doing in Salt Lake? I thought they were in Georgia. I am so behind the times.

Kathryn said...

Great post Adam. Love the snow.

chitknit said...

Jaime - They moved out there last summer because Michael got a church out there. The Piedmont College church closed - leaving him to find a job somewheres else.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I do hope you are planning a ski trip to Park City in the future. We went there a lot while I was growing up and it is a lot of fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails