Thursday, January 4, 2007

Another day, another dollar

Well, it's official.

Two days of being back at school, and I'm already exhausted. It's not that I don't like school - I love what I do - it's just that those teenagers just suck the life-force out of you! Not in a bad way, mind you - they just wear me out. Man, I sound like the 70-year-old English teacher, not the hipster, twenty-something journalism teacher.

Why, oh, why, can't I be a morning person? That simple personality change alone would make my life soooo much easier.

If I were a morning person:
I would get up the FIRST time the alarm went off.
I wouldn't have to speed to get to school, hoping to time all of the lights right.
I could read the entire paper before leaving the house.
I could go to the Y EVERY morning.
I could take longer, hotter showers.

Alas, I am not a morning person, so I
hit the snooze bar like a mad woman.
rush through the whole shower thing.
don't wear makeup (takes too long).
read only the first two pages of the paper.
sometimes skip breakfast.


Maybe that should have been my NYR. Or maybe not. At least I'm never late to work.

Since today was my "day of rest" I did get to a.) knit and b.) watch "Earl" and "The Office" - two of the funniest shows in the history of television. If you haven't seen them, give 'em a try. I'm working on a sweater for Adam, a purse for Alice, and I'm dreaming of a couple of projects for myself. I wish I wasn't such an ADD knitter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails