Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just another Friday night in Doodah

Stop the presses. Hold the phone. Call aunt Martha.

Jill actually went out Friday night. It was a nice girls' night out actually. Well, it ended up that way. It started as dinner with friends and family, which was also great.

Jeff, Kat, Terry, Kurt, Kasey, Lauryn and I had dinner at Da Cajun Shak. Um, yeah, it's "Da" Cajun "Shak." Just so you know, if you go there, be sure to ask what they're not serving anymore before you order off the menu. Last night it was hush puppies, cornbread stuffing, and two other things. Nothing like ordering and hearing the server say "We're out." "Oh, we're out of that, too." "Oh, we're out." Um, mark it off the menu, maybe? Heck, that's what they make black Sharpies for!

The food that they weren't out of was pretty damn good. I had the red beans and rice, and a side of fried okra (thank god they weren't out of that!). Oh, and I actually ate a tiny piece of Gator tail. Yeah, it was really gator tail, not breaded fried chicken that they just call Gator Bites cause it's cute. The taste I had was good, but I don't know if I could eat a whole order.

After dinner, I headed over to Da Von Maur at Da Towne East, and lo and stinkin' behold, the Keens I have been wishin' and hopin' and prayin' for FINALLY were in the clearance room. Ah, beloved clearance room. I'm not a shoe-hoarder, but I freakin' love that place. Sure, they were still 60 bones, but they only had one pair in my size (7.5 if you're keeping score), and they were marked down from 90. I HEART THEM.

Seriously. I have been waiting like two years for the damn things to go on sale.

Amy and I met a couple more friends out at Oeno. Well, we tried. Of course, because it's the only uber trendy wine bar in Wichita, it was packed like sardines on a Friday night. If you squint, you might just think you're in Chicago or NYC - it's dark, EVERYONE is wearing black, and the foundation and eye makeup are thick. Those of you that know me know that I'm more of a beer girl anyway than a wine snob, so we made for Old Chicago pretty damn quick.

It was nice to be there again - but weird, because it's all the same kids still working there from when Adam worked there. I guess I always thought of that as a transitional type job, but they're probably making more money than me, the poor sucker who decided to be a journalism teacher!

Alrighty tighty. I guess I should go do some real work. I did post something about procrastination earlier this week. Wait, that's right. No work tonight. Headed over to Stacey's to chill tonight. We're running five miles in the a.m. Yep, five, on the stinking treadmill. When will the sun warm the earth?

Speaking of that - my new favorite commercial line: "I have to illuminate the entire eastern seaboard in 15 minutes. I think you all have time for breakfast."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails