Sunday, January 28, 2007

To Do: Pat Myself On the Back

Yes! I have finally accomplished something that has been eluding me for ages...

I COMPLETED MY WEEKEND TO-DO LIST. I want to shout it from the mountaintops.

And, it's only 7:17 pm Sunday night, so I can probably complete a few supplemental activities as well! This is me doing cartwheels.

Quick recap:

Got up early this morning so I could take the Focus to Firestone and get the oil changed. Yeah, I'm such a good wife that I'll take my husband's car to the shop and wait around an hour for it to be done (however, I did get a good amount of knitting done while waiting.) It wasn't all bad, except for the fact that it was about 95 degrees in their lobby, and the morning sun was shining directly on me through the giant wall of windows. Then, in yet another bout of wifely goodness, I went and bought replacement windshield wipers and had them put on. God, I'm good.

Came home, knitted.

Completed my homework assignment.

Knitted.

Mailed homework assignment.

Shopped with Adam (the mall was Kee-razy for a Sunday).

Picked up a dozen eggs (gotta make some banana bread this week).

Picked up Stacey and we did a five mile run. Our marathon training has officially begun. Five miles felt great. I haven't done that in a long damn time.

Oh, and I also zipped through four episodes of Oprah, and a Suze Orman show. One of Oprah's shows this week was the war between stay-at-home moms and working moms. Whew. No matter the side of the argument you're on, that stuff can get pretty freakin' catty. I guess I won't know til I'm in the situation, but I turned out just fine, and my mom didn't stay at home. My feeling is, as long as your "working" mom job isn't selling crack or yourself on the local street corner, and you love your kids and spend what time you can with them, you'll do just fine and so will they. Kids are going to have to do without their moms SOME day, aren't they?

Gotta go do some more stuff!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails