Monday, January 15, 2007

Get a real town.

So, it's icy in Wichita. We can all agree on that. There's a bunch of stuff that looks like snow on the ground, only it's rock solid, and really slick to walk on.

Because of this, I went through a yellow light today crossing Woodlawn on Douglas (heading into Eastborough). Eastborough's finest decided to write me a $150 ticket for running a red light. Un-effing-believable. Okay, how about I just slam on my brakes to stop for the light, and slide into the car next to me, or right through the intersection. How does that sound?

You better believe I'll be going to the Eastborough "City Hall" or, I mean, Mabel's old house, to contest this baby. Give me a break.

(FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO AREN'T IN WICHITA...) Eastborough is a "city" that some hoity-toities got together and claimed, right smack in the middle of Wichita. It basically bisects a major east-west artery, cutting the speed limit down to 20 so you can admire their million-dollar houses. Don't forget, during the admiring, to curse loudly at their town. At one point, legend has it, they tried to put up gates into and out of their "community" but when the City of Wichita said, "Fine, fight your own fires and pick up your own trash," they quickly reconsidered. What a bunch of wusses.

Uggghhh. Sorry to be such a complainer, but come on already! PS-I am a total admirer of cops-so I'm not one of those people who is just angry because I was dealing with Jonny Law.

On a happier note, did make it to the Y today, for a class and a two-mile run. Also, we saw "The Good Sheperd." Grreat movie. Matt Damon great as always.

Attended a rockin' 2nd birthday bash for one Derby resident that I know yesterday. Mom made the coolest Mr. Potato Head cake. I should post a picture here.

Gotta go do some work before school tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails