Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm not 30 yet, but...

How do I know I'm getting old?

Let me count the ways.

This week, at school, one of the assignments I had my kids do for a journal was "March comes in like a lion, and out like a lamb, or vice versa. Well, this March came in like a..." and they were supposed to take it from there and be creative. None, not one of them, had ever heard the phrase "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." Great, I'm spouting "old wives' tales."

Last night, Stacey and I just drank some wine, and watched TV and talked, and it was great. So much cheaper than the going-out-all-the-time we used to do, and you don't smell smoky when you go home, and your ears aren't ringing, AND, I knit a whole freakin' scarf in the time we were hanging out. BONUS!

Adam was at the mines, selling the wares of QT to bachelor party-goers and hoochie mamas with no teeth. (True stories, both, mind you.) He should be writing his own blog - The View From Behind the Counter at Your Local QuikTrip. And Stacey's husband is out of town for a bit, so we just chilled, hanging out with the kids, and breaking out the wine after they went to bed.

However, one way I know I am still my young, unsophisticated self is that I'm still choosing the evening's wine selection because it has a cool or funny label - not because it's the best out there. Last night, I bought two bottles - Three Blind Moose Pinot Grigio, and Bohemian Highway Chardonnay. The Bohemian label is cool, and since we're a little Bohemian ourselves, maybe I'll use it as a piece on our mantle (which our artist friend Ella informed me is a shrine to our lives).

Ironically, this post is about being almost 30, and it's my 30th post to the blog. Weird.

Saw in the paper today that the cast of Grey's is pissed because Addison Montgomery might be the focus of a new spinoff of the show. Have we jumped the shark? The jury's still out on last week's show and the effect it will have on the series as a whole. It was a damn rerun this week, so I have to wait to see if we're getting back to the GOOD writing.

Here's a few recently knitted items...See something you like? I'm sure a deal could be made...

Scarves a plenty. Easy to knit, and the yarn you choose makes all the difference. The two on the left, and the turquoise one in the middle are what you see, but the black and white is actually one scarf - one end is white, the other black. It makes for a cool accessory when worn around the neck. Even though the weather seems to be headed for warmer climes, these scarves would still make great accessories - they're light, not too warm.

Earth-Hugger. It's a can cozy that doubles as a coaster, and keeps your hands dry when the can starts to sweat. Bonus - it's knit with wool, not made of whatever synthetic material most Koozies are made of.

Another phone cozy. Made this one for Amy. The background is actually a UFO - Adam's sweater that I'm still working on.


By the way, I go to court in Eastborough on Wednesday to protest my icy-day ticket. Wish me luck and good karma.
I need to go do some real work now, but hope you enjoy the day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails