Monday, March 5, 2007

Zima Dogs

Tonight we partook in a little good, old-fashioned American fun with our Canadian friends.

Here are a few photos from our dinner tonight. We decided to cook out since it was so beautiful outside.

Stacey and the kids came over - we missed Eugene. Hopefully he'll get to see these photos from California. A little slice of home for you, eh?

Josh LOVES the cheesy smile.

Genevieve showing some personality.

Yes, it's backfocused, but I still like it.

Master Chef Adam cooks up the night's grub. Nothing like Hot Dogs, burgers, corn on the cob, wedges and Zima to usher in the early spring. As always, awesome job on the food. Man, I totally scored when I married him - he likes to cook, I hate to cook!

I can't even believe I just admitted to the fact that we were drinking Zima tonight with our dinner...The minute I see the bottle in the fridge, I am immediately transported back to Manhattan, Kan., circa 1995. August 1995, to be exact. Yes, those of you that are keeping score (like my mom, who reads this blog and knows how old I was in 1995) will say, "But, you weren't old enough for that kind of stuff in 1995." That's the point. It's the drink you're initiated on. At least it was for me. And it makes me think of a certain Collegian copy editor, who drank it all the time.

I'm now working on a knitted, felted tote bag. Genevieve had a pretty good time running around the room with the yarn. I think she had it wrapped all the way around the couch at least once.


Here's a work in progress. It's the Hooray For Me fingerless glove pattern by Marnie MacLean that was featured on Knitty Gritty awhile back. This one's just about done - I've got to finish the thumb. The worst part of knitting gloves? One's almost done, but I have to do a second. Damn.

That self-patterning yarn is pretty freakin' cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the blog. I'm really homesick now. Now I understand what a "bombpop" is.
It was very nice of you and and Adam to have Stacey and the kids over. See you guys when I get back...

Euge

chitknit said...

Yeah, we miss you too. I hope you're having fun in the desert!

Related Posts with Thumbnails