Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Breakery

Here it is, the Wednesday of Spring Break (!) and I'm already lamenting the fact that, yes, I'll have to go back to school in just a few days. I haven't completed NEARLY the stuff I wanted to, but I've done a lot of knitting and a little reading.

And, I raked the yard for three hours on Sunday. I think I only got up about 9 billion leaves, and left the rest. Too bad the wind has been blowing 50 miles an hour all day today. Guess I'll have to spend another three hours on this next weekend.

I'm headed up to KC tomorrow to run around with Ma. Probably (who am I kidding) Definitely will be visiting yarn stores and the like.

Yesterday I finished what I think is one of the cutest things I've ever knit and felted.

It's so great - however, my current lack of a digital camera is putting a big damper on photos of recently knitted items. Can't shoot that, couldn't shoot anything on Monday when we went to Manhattan for the basketball game, couldn't shoot our birthday dinner celebration on Tuesday night. It's really starting to annoy me. This blog is so much better with photos, and I'm having withdrawal. I'd like to buy a Canon rebel, just for personal use, but we've made a promise to ourselves to pay off the credit cards before we make any major purchases. I think if I wrote in to Suze Orman's "Can I Afford It" she would say no.

Our adopted son, I mean my brother-in-law, is staying with us for a few days, but he's leaving tomorrow to go to Chicago. Two Chittum men and a Jill is a little more than our little pink house can take, I think. We had a great little birthday dinner party for Joshua Tuesday. Stacey and Eugene brought the kids over, and Adam (as always) cooked up some awesome grub. Then, we had a little brownie cake with "2" and "4" candles, and trick candles. It was fun, but yet again, no photographic evidence.

I know I've said in the past that I LOVE the Y. Spent two hours there today, though, and I gotta tell ya - TURN ON THE FREAKIN' AIR CONDITIONER. It's hot, humid and people sweat when they work out, which makes it about 100 degrees in the cardio room. I am not on the wrestling team, I'm not trying to make weight. No Vision Quest for this girl.

3 comments:

Stacey Jenkins said...

I went to the Y last night and I thought I walked into one of those Byrkam yoga classes instead - it was like an oven!!!

Stacey Jenkins said...

I went to the Y last night and I thought I walked into one of those Byrkam yoga classes instead - it was like an oven!!!

Anonymous said...

this is a test.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails