Saturday, July 14, 2007

I want somebody's butt, I want it now. I'VE HAD IT!

I want some butts!

Okay, okay, so I know they are tiny in these images, but nonetheless...

Reason no. 895 I will miss Wichita: Every year during the McConnell AFB Air Show, I can see the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds from my front porch. Yes, the show might not be as spectacular as being there up close, but I'm also in relative comfort, compared to the throngs of people who paid good money to stand on an asphalt tarmac in 100-degree heat. I'll take my Diet Dr Pepper and airconditioning over a $5 bottle of water any day...

The view from my porch. That's my house in the extreme right of the frame, my neighbor Rachel's to the left of that.


It really does sound like the tower flybys of "Top Gun" fame, but lucky for me, I wasn't drinking coffee at any point during this airshow!


"Snot-nosed bastards do a flyby of my tower at over 400 knots!"

1 comment:

Denise said...

I had the up-close seats on Saturday (because I was working -- not by choice). And Jill, you are right, it was 100 degrees and PAINFUL. Luckily, they were giving water away. It was a cool show, even though near-airplane collisions don't really curl my toes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails