Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Rumor Has It" your movie has a slight problem.

Okay, only true yearbook nerds and yearbook advisers would notice this.

In the movie "Rumor Has It" (romantic comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner, supposedly chronicling the family "The Graduate" was based upon), there is a scene where Sarah goes to visit her Aunt Mitzi (Kathy Bates, hilarious as ever). Sarah is digging for information about a man her now-dead mother had a fling with the week before she was married.

As they are looking through the prep school yearbook, Aunt Mitzi says "There he is!" And she points to a photo at the end of a row of portraits. However, his name is the FIRST one listed for that row. So, either the pretend yearbook staff had a really bad portraits section editor, or the movie had a really lazy props and/or continuity person.

Anybody else notice this when you saw that movie? I saw it in theater with my mom last year over Christmas break, and noticed it right away. Then, I watched it on cable last night and there it was again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed it the first time I watched that movie!! I also thought I was a little bit of a nerd for noticing it.

chitknit said...

Yes! See, I must have taught you well!

Yours in Journalism Nerdiness,
Chittum

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Chittum, reading that made my day! i felt like i was back in class..

if only i had seen that movie!

Denise said...

Dang, girl. That yearbook sequence is the LEAST of that movie's problems. But I applaud your attention to detail (-:

Related Posts with Thumbnails