Friday, July 20, 2007

Stop No. 4 on the 2007 Summer Workshop Tour

The Downtown Marriott, Kansas City, Mo.

It's the three-day Jostens Adviser University. Today was exciting - I finally got to see a copy of the photo textbook that I contributed to. It looks amazing, and it's incredibly cool to see my words in this book. All summer long people (yearbook teachers) have been asking when it would be ready, and it just rolled off the press last week. I venture a guess that it was the most sought-after item in the resource room today. Everybody was talking about it.

I'm staying at Ma and Pa's tonight. I'm beat, so I'm going to hop in the hot tub for a quick soak, and dreamland won't be far behind. (I have discovered the best part about hot tubs - they make you fall asleep really fast when you get out.)

Wow. I just read that, and you can really tell that I'm more "mature" these days. I remember a time in my not-too-distant past when "hot tub" and "party" fit like a glove. Now, it seems I'm more interested in a little downtime. I haven't had near enough this summer.

Note to Amy: Pretty sure I left my phone charger in the room, if you could kindly pick it up for me. (Have to do this - not sure if Amy has found phone/gotten new phone yet)

Bed time for Bonzo.

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

Got it. I saw it this morning...would have called if I could have. uhg.

The desktop publishing workshop I'm teaching is going very well. But yesterday. OMG. WHAT A DAY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails