Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Maybe some day I'll rid myself of job-A.D.D.

Yes, yes, changing jobs is always exciting, and I'm excited about moving to K.C., but I am SO over moving. I guess I am not cut out for a nomadic society. I hate shoving stuff into masses of boxes and loading up the truck.

Can someone out there please invent the magical mover? Just wrinkle your nose like Samantha on Bewitched and it's done in a flash?

I told Adam that next time we do this, we should just hire movers and be done with it.

BUT, I did get to do something semi-cool yesterday. My Uncle Mark is letting us use his car trailer so that we don't have to sell our souls to U-Haul. We brought it down from K.C. last night, and my little car was small enough to fit inside. So, to save gas, and to save me from dying in a horrible fiery car crash on the turnpike, we loaded up the Vibe and I rode in the cab of Mark's truck.

After 10 solid days of Yearbook and Newspaper from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., I was in no shape to spend 3 hours on the turnpike in the driver's seat.


This is me, being very Michael-Knight like and pulling the car out of the trailer. There's Mark on the right. It was all very Kit-Car and "Knight Rider" esque...



And like I said, I'm sure the neighborhood association will have their panties in a wad over this. Oh well. It's so nice to come right out the house, down the porch and straight into the truck. Maybe this will be the first time we move that one or the other of us doesn't throw out our back. Cross your fingers. Hmm, I just noticed - I think my favorite part of this photo is that it looks like there is a Pepsi truck sitting in my driveway next to our red car. Too bad we're not receiving endosement money.

Tonight Adam and I continue the "World Tour" of our favorite Wichita restaurants before we leave. On tap? N&J Cafe.

On a completely unrelated note, I hear Lindsey Lohan got aNOTHER DUI last night. Wasn't she supposed to be in rehab? Chalk up another awesome role-model moment. At least Paris Hilton is ACTING like she got religion or a conscience while she was in jail. Let's at least try to put up a good face, Lindsey.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails