Tuesday, February 13, 2007

After nine years as a Wichita resident...

I've finally experienced "The Scotch."

No, not the "I love Scotch, Scotchy Scotch Scotch" kind - the Scotch and Sirloin Club and Restaurant. As Adam and I walked into the place, I half-expected to see Tony Soprano and the boys in the corner hatching up some kind of mafioso plan.

It's very dark and mysterious, and there are lots of men dining there. A few couples (male-female) but definitely mostly groups of men, eating tons of red meat and flirting with the waitresses. If you like smoky black eyeliner, clingy black shirts and short black skirts, the Scotch is the place you should work. I guess it also helps if you look like you could blow away in a stiff wind. Strangely similar physical attributes of the wait staff notwithstanding, the food was friggin' incredible. We shared the Chateaubriand, and I gotta tell you, I've never tasted any steak quite like it.

It was well worth the money, and a very cool, mood-y place to go for Valentine's Day.

###

I just got home from school, meaning I was officially within the walls of DHS for 14 hours today...must go read or knit or watch TV to settle the brain cells before trying to go to bed.

Also, added a few new links. Check them out sometime.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails