Monday, February 12, 2007

Back by popular demand...

or at least by demand of Candice!

So, part of the reason the Chittum Files has been on hiatus is because (YIKES - look at all that passive voice. Guess I should practice what I preach) I spent 30 hours scrapbooking this weekend, with one six-hour break for sleeping.

Crop-a-ganza! Sorry, as my husband says, it's hard to say that word without laughing. It was like Est-Fest '07, although I did see one man who was actually scrapbooking...

Lately, as those of you who read this blog know, I have become a knittin' fool, so my scrapbooking has traveled to the back burner of the Chittum stovetop. BUT, I do still have tons of photos and way too much scrapbooking stuff (or so I thought - more on that later) so I decided to tag along with my friends Kat and Linda to the weekend Crop-a-ganza! hosted by ScrapFunAttic of Andover. I mean, who can pass up a night at the Park City Best Western?

Okay, yes, usually I can pass up a night at the PCBW, but I digress. You would not believe the amount of money some of these people have invested in scrapping - keep in mind, I do not judge, because I wish I had that much money invested in yarn and needles. You know those rolling luggage carts? I saw two or three women who had them FULL to the brim with all of their scrapping implements. It was all brand-name stuff, too, no plastic tubs for toting stuff, the stuff was all toted in various apparatus made with names like "Tote-ally Cool." Me, I spring for the $4 plastic boxes from Tar-gey. So, I guess maybe I'm the white trash scrapper. And proud!

Photos of babies, kids, dogs, horses, sweethearts, you name it, were being cut, glued, embellished and glued again all weekend long all over the ballroom. I've never seen so much ribbon, paper, stamps, ink, books, blah ba de blah. However, I did have a really good time and I got much accomplished. I completed an entire 12-month calendar except for one month, and I got my marathon scrapbook a little closer to being finished.

We started at 5 Friday night, and I got home at 8 Saturday night. Pretty much fell asleep on the couch the minute my head hit the throw pillow. Though, I can't say visions of scrapbook pages were dancing in my head.

Adam and I are going out to dinner tonight for Valentine's Day - don't know where yet - it's a surprise. At least I'll have fun tonight since PT conferences are Tues/Thurs of this week. Gee, can't wait for that.

I'll post later tonight or tomorrow the story of our dinner. Any guesses on where we're going? We have reservations...we never go anywhere that takes reservations...I think that's against the hippie code.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails