Sunday, February 18, 2007

I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

Okay, say what you want about John Hughes/80s movies, but they will be at the top of my personal list for a long damn time.

It's past my bedtime, and I need sleep, I've got a big day tomorrow of doing housework and other not-so-fun stuff, but "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" just started on Comedy Central. Yes, it's edited. No, it won't be as good as the original. Thank God for the DVR (sound familiar?)

Record Remainder of this Event? Yes.

Meanwhile, I'll be drifting off to dreamland with FBDO on, and the sleep timer running.

Who couldn't love a movie that includes this line (among many, many great others): "I mean, it's kind of childish and stupid, but then again, so is high school."

No one's won Contest No. 1, but we'll begin Contest No. 2: Post your favorite line here, and the two other people who might read the blog can guess the movies...Must be John Hughes-related (so, technically, "Uncle Buck" counts).

By the way, one of my friends has a birthday coming up, in fact, I think it's tomorrow, according to Facebook. Happy Birthday, Tim!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to contest #1, there can be no other answer than the greates television show of all time...ED! Mike bet one Edward Jeremy Stevens $10 to find the le-TOOSE at the grocery store, just one of the many brilliant $10 bets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails