Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Forward Progress

A few things are starting to happen that make me actually see that the house is transforming...

The kitchen counters were installed while I was in Tennessee:



A little sanding and staining on the edges, and they'll be ready to go.


We worked in the yard on Saturday, planting a few things, like this hanging basket. I also threw some wildflower seeds in the ground there, so I guess we'll see what develops. There used to be a windmill in the yard, and the hanging basket is in that spot. There's a dirt patch under it, so that's what will hopefully be wildflowers. If they grow, I'll show you the evidence in a month or so.


Here's one of Molly's hostas.


This is the backyard/garden. I'm standing at the back fence, looking to the house. That's a two-car garage on the left, a one-car garage shed in the middle, and the playhouse on the right.
Storage galorage!


The dirt-weed patch used to be Grandpa's garden. It hasn't been tended in years. I've cleared a little tiny spot for tomatoes, and hopefully a few other late vegetables soon.

Baby maters.


Please tell me you can see the difference between the photo directly above this line and the photo below. The photo above was shot over the weekend. The photo below was shot today, right before we left.


Proof that Adam is actually working.


And, the piece de resistance (up to this point, anyway): The new ceramic tile backsplash in the kitchen.


We cannot take credit for the work on this. We had people who actually know what they're doing come in and put in the tile.

That range hood is new, too. Looks good. The tile guys are coming back tomorrow to grout everything.


So, if I'm lax on blogging, or if I'm not returning phone calls, you might have some idea why when looking at all of these photos!

I did start working on a knitting project yesterday, though, so I'm not going completely stir crazy. I had to hang out at Ma and Pa's while the tile guys worked over there, so I knitted, did the crosswords, and watched "Knocked Up," "Georgia Rule," and "Back to the Future." On-demand free movie channels are the best!

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

Jill -
It's looking really good. Love the countertops and the back splash. Love me some ceramic tile!!

Lori said...

i'm completely exhausted just looking at these photos. good luck. it looks like it's going to be a great home for you and adam.

Bets said...

"Storage Galorage" ... I'm totally stealing that phrase from you! As in: "Student, your desk looks like it is about to throw up when really you should have storage galorage in there!"

P.S. Totally sad I might have missed out completely on the wallpaper stripping. ;)

34th Stater said...

The backyard photo makes Casa de Chittum look like that fundamentalist compound in west Texas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails