Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm not running up the mountaintops in Siberia, but...

I spent last night "training" for the Xtreme Team Trivia championships. I wasn't feeling too well anyway, so with a headache and stomachache, I watched six hours of "I Love the 80s" 3D on VH1. I'm sure there probably won't be any questions I can answer from watching, but seeing all the things connected to the different years really helps me put a lot of other things in context.

This is important because last week, during the regional finals, we missed every question that began with "In what year did..." by ONE. FREAKING. YEAR. Literally. We tried to find a pattern, like maybe we were early by one year every time, or we were one year too late. Then, we could just adjust. But nope. We were just off by one each time.

We're off to the Voodoo Lounge at Harrah's tonight for the championships. The top three teams win money: $1000, $500 and $250. I hope there's not a massive rumble involving 400 people there tonight. That's pretty much all I know about the Voodoo, what I've seen on TV about it.

Hmmm. Maybe if we win tonight, Adam and I can take our share and buy Rockband for Wii (comes out today!)...

4 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck tonight!

Heather rules said...

Hope you kicked some serious bootay!
I too hope that a brawl did not break out.

Heather rules said...

I guess this means no Wii Rockband. ;o(

chitknit said...

Yeah, I guess I'll have to hope and pray (and be a good girl) and maybe Santa will bring it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails