Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I hope we're the wieners!

Well, despite the fact that the Star has just announced more than 100 layoffs, they're still staffed enough to do some cheesy summer contests. Next month is National Hot Dog month, so the FYI section is running a "Dress A Dog" contest.

Betsy and Mitzi came over last night. We planned to craft while Adam watched the blowout NBA game. We figured our crafting would be knitting or something like that.

Nope. We decided to dress a dog.

Meet Carmen Mirandog. Complete with her own beach blanket, chaise lounge and tray o' drinks.

I think Mitzi is working on the dog's sunglasses in this shot. Don't let Adam fool you - he was just as in to all these shenanigans as the rest of us were. The contest is on until June 25. Maybe we'll win one of the Picnic Prize Packs! Fingers crossed!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Love it!

34th Stater said...

Dog-gone-it! Carmen looks like a Winner!!! Sorry, looks like a weiner.

And Brat's the truth.

Bets said...

I continued to laugh into this morning! I can't believe she looks so great! :)

Anonymous said...

What's that white frilly thing above her "boobs"? I don't get it. I think I'll try to dress up a chili dog and slurp it down for dinner tonite. No one makes a better one than me!

Bets said...

Hello!?!? It's her lei! Get it? She's a hula-dog! :) And, please! Let's not call them "boobs": it's her coconut bra!

Kathryn said...

Awesome!!!

Chris said...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I hope you win!

Heather rules said...

I just shot coffee out of my nose! That is friggin hilarious and awesome at the same time! OMG! HAHAHA

Heather rules said...

BTW - Are those Runts on her hat? I swear I cannot stop laughing.

Bets said...

Yes, Heather. You should see the amount of Runts that Mitzi came "to the table" with. 3 LARGE movie-style boxes for 4 measly Runts on her hat!
Don't you worry ... they won't go to waste! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails