Monday, June 2, 2008

I swear, this would only happen to me

I'm sitting at KCI waiting to board a flight to Nashville for a yearbook workshop. It's quite a haul to get from our apartment to the airport, especially when you add in a stop at the Apple store on the plaza. (SO not on the way.)

I thought I had to stop there because for the life of me, I couldn't find my "dongle." For the uninitiated, the dongle is the small white adapter that allows Mac users to plug into video presentation projectors. (Not sure who to be mad at here - Mac or the rest of the world. Couldn't we just make it so one cable would work?)

Since before I went to Anaheim for Spring JEA, I thought I didn't have it. I borrowed from Bradley and Mark the whole convention because I couldn't find mine.

Last night, I got out the TWO that I brought home from school. Neither fit. Great. Have to detour in the morning, I thought. I dug through every traveling bag and/or computer bag we had and still couldn't find it.

We walked in the Apple store as soon as it opened, and I picked one up. (Luckily, they're only $20) We drove to the airport from the plaza, I stood in line, went through security, and sat down in the gate area to get out my laptop. I pulled out my flowered computer cover. As I did, I felt the side of it and thought - Hmmm, that feels familiar.

Opened up the side pocket and THERE WAS MY ORIGINAL DONGLE. With my name written on it in Sharpie and everything. This bag has two identical zipper pouches on each side, and I must have checked the one, but not the other since they look exactly the same and maybe I thought I had already done it. What a concept - actually having the piece of equipment where it naturally belonged. That's probably what threw me off!

Basically, I carried it all the way to Anaheim, all the while thinking I didn't have it, and it was with me the whole time.

Guess we'll have to stop out of the way again on the way home from the airport on Thursday and return the new one. Let's all hope I don't lose it between here and Austin Peay University!

Time to board, gotta shut down.

3 comments:

Bets said...

Oh Jilly! This sounds like something your unorganized friend, Betsy, would do!

Sad I didn't get to see you before you left. You do know that you're on call Wednesday night for 80's hair band trivia questions ... right?

Kathryn said...

I feel your pain. That happens to me all the time.

Amy D. said...

Have you considered KEEPING the extra dongle as a spare? (-:

Related Posts with Thumbnails