Monday, June 30, 2008

House updates

Got the first coat on a couple more rooms today.

Here's the bathroom. I think this blue is going to look great with the white beadboard and trim.

The view above is the side that the toilet and sink will be on. You can barely see the top of a roll of toilet paper in the bottom center of the frame. It's sitting on the toilet tank.

Above is the corner where the bath tub will be.

We painted the little bedroom the same color as the bathroom.

Eventually I'd like to paint that closet door and the trim white as well. And no, that blue carpet is not staying.

Here's the kitchen.

There's not a lot of light in this photo, so the paint color (called "Pizza Pie") looks a lot more brown than it really is. It's more a dark red-orange spicy color.

We're moving right along.

I checked the tomato plants today, too. They've grown a ton, and there are a few blossoms on them, so hopefully we'll have fresh tomatoes sometime soon.

I rode my bike from our apartment to the house, since Adam was going to meet me there after he got done at class. That way, we wouldn't have to drive both cars (gas is holding steady at $3.99 a gallon). It's right under 10 miles, and it took me an hour and 15 minutes. I wasn't hurrying, and I had to stop for a bunch of crosswalks, but overall the ride wasn't too bad. At least I got in my exercise for the day.

5 comments:

Bets said...

You should be marking your bike rides on your weekly miles! I LOVE that blue ... so pretty!
Can't wait to see the more recent updates!

Heather rules said...

The house is really coming along.

I'm seriously thinking about riding my bike to work. Not only would it be good for me (I have a bit of a beer belly to get rid of) but I'd also save on gas. I just think about how sweaty I'd be by the time I got there. yuck.

Anonymous said...

Not really ANON...Aunt Janey just doesn't remember her password...

The house colors are looking very nice. I do love that blue in the bathroom and with the beadboard will look great. Really refreshed it after all those years. Anxious to see it finished and with furniture. You guys are doing great.

Cary said...

the top picture at first glance looks like you had painted blue sky with some brown snow-covered mountains at the bottom

chitknit said...

That's funny - I totally see the mountains and sky you mentioned, Cary!

Maybe we have a career in faux finishing/decorative painting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails