Thursday, July 3, 2008

Still chipping away

Today was another long working day at the casa. We're trying to get a bunch done since I'm leaving for yearbook camp on Sunday. If we can get the big jobs done while we're working together, then Adam can keep plugging away on the one-man jobs while I'm gone.

Just so you have an idea:

This is what we've demo-ed out of the house so far.

Here's another photo of the kitchen, without all the plastic, so you can get a better idea of what it will look like.


This will be our bedroom. The paint is definitely yellow, not green like it looks here. I guess I should have tried to tone this before I posted, but oh well. Ya wanna see the real thing, I suppose you'll have to visit.


Here's the little bedroom, so you can see what it looks like with the newly exposed hardwood floors.


Here's the green bedroom you've seen before, but now you can see the floor. We spent A LOT of time today prying tack strips up and pulling up the staples. In the photo, you can see what it looks like pre-staple removing.


Tomorrow we paint the living room. I'm hoping we can git 'er done early, because we'll be relaxing by the pool and grill in the late afternoon, before we head off to see fireworks.

I think the bathtub will be put in tomorrow, so I'll definitely have to put a photo of that up. That will make a big difference, I think. It will seem like everything is moving full steam ahead once we get the bathroom done and the floors done.

•••

Sidenote:
I'm thinking about going back to the black version of my blog. What do you think? I'm kind of over the white template.

2 comments:

Bets said...

What about another color? You've done such a good job of picking paint colors ... surely there's another blog background color you like!?!? What about a new color per month?

LOVE THE HARDWOODS! Don't know what the morning entails for me at Casa de Construction. I'll call if I'm available for painting assistance!

Kathryn said...

Love what you've done to the house. It looks great.

I like the white blog background but understand changing the background often.

Related Posts with Thumbnails