Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Call Austin Powers, I think we've lost our mojo

The Finer Things Club didn't do so hot tonight at trivia. Oh yeah, we still came in third, but when you're as competitive as I am, third place doesn't cut it.

Must have been that fateful line from "Top Gun" oh so many years ago: "There's no points for second place."

We had a good mix of people - the usuals (sans Betsy), Amy and her friends from college, Amy's parents, and Mitzi's posse friend. Amy's dad came through with "Hogan's Heroes" as the answer to a Name the TV show sound clip.

Maybe deciding to give up "Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza" as our name was a rash decision. This was the first week I've been able to play during this 10-week session, and I'll miss the next two weeks (more journalism camps). I told the team I'll be available by text, if they need me...

7 comments:

Heather rules said...

I found a place here in ICT that does trivia on Sunday nights. If only I could get a team together. hmmmmm

Bets said...

"Available by text" just isn't going to cut it if there is another Poison montage!

Sad to hear you guys lost. What is wrong with us, anyway? We used to win way back when we were Adam & Eves! :)

Jaime said...

I love "The Finer Things Club" name. Oscar, Toby and Pam are so proud.

Nicki said...

Trivia in ICT? Really?

Mitzi said...

We stink. Is it possible we have lost our momentum? Was the Voodoo Lounge Debacle just too much for us? Or is it that we can't seem to get our whole team together for one night??

Mike Shepherd said...

I prefer the line from Talladega Nights, "If you're not first, you're last."

chitknit said...

Yeah, that TN line pretty much works for me too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails