Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Come to Debbie Country"

Anybody name that movie? (There's a big hint near the end of this post, so read on, brothers and sisters).

•••

So, that uber-screener that spotted my camera at the Dave show nabbed one of my students as well, I guess. Poor girl had to go all the way back to her car, which she said was near the parking lot entrance, so I guess it was quite a haul.

If any of you come up to Sandstone before it closes, talk to me for the scoop on which line to go through...

•••

So, I totally bought all my back-to-school clothes at Kohl's (pretty much my new favorite store) and Target this year. I figured that given the area I am teaching in, I wouldn't have to worry about showing up at school dressed like one of my students - they wouldn't shop at discount stores...

Well, the other day, a girl did walk in wearing one of the shirts I bought. So, I guess that one'll stay in the closet and become "going out" clothes, instead of work clothes.

And, yes, I love the fact that I still get to go back to school shopping at 30.

•••

Tomorrow's the big day - Defending state champs taking on defending state champs. There's a big tailgate party from 5-7 p.m., too. I'll be interested to see what the atmosphere is like tomorrow.

•••

Just went and did my third cardio workout of the week, so I'm on track to complete this week of the challenge. I should have done it outside - the weather is great - but I waited too late. I didn't want to be out after dark.

We biked and lifted last night. Another thing I've noticed is the people around here sure do love their technical biking gear. EVERYONE wears the racing shirts (complete with wacky color schemes and all). It reminds me of that scene in "Singles" when Debbie gets all cycled out for her "Expect the Best" blind date.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Reprezentin' the Eagle - I love it! I also love Debbie Country. Check out my new film because I think I might be the next Martin Scorceeeeeze. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2qU4etS34

chitknit said...

The Perfect Girlfriend? I watched it the other night - LOVED IT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails