Friday, August 10, 2007

Oh ma gawd

Who would have thought that when we moved to Overland Park/Johnson County/HoityToity central we would have been plagued by dis-connectedness for so friggin' long?

I'm back, baby! And it feels good!

I've completed my first week of new teacher orientation at BVHS. Lots and lots of meetings, but we also had a lot of time to work in our rooms. I'm not too overwhelmed...yet. Kids start back on Thursday, then on Friday, we have an all-school picnic and big Tiger kickoff. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be sure to post photos (of course, I'll be the only identifiable one!)

Wednesday night Adam and I and Dan and the boys took in a Royals game. Let's see, the Royals got pounded (surprise) and it was only about 957 degrees at game time. Luckily, the left field stands were in the shade, and there was a breeze for much of the game.

We are mostly settled in to the new place, still a few boxes, but I hope to have most of that remedied by Sunday. I'll put up some photos tomorrow. Right now, I'm not exactly sure where the card reader is and I don't have the attention span to search for it at the moment. You'd think I'd have gotten it all set up and ready to go while waiting for Internet. Not so much. Plus, it's really weird - the only light in this room right now is the desk lamp, so it's pretty dark. The two bedrooms do not have overhead lights at all. It's a BYOCF (Bring your own ceiling fan/light fixture) if you're so inclined type of deal.

So, I know you'll be waiting with baited breath for the photos, but I'll get some up tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to knit - it's getting time to seriously get to work on Adam's sweater vest so he can wear it when hell freezes over (I mean, when it's not 110).

Glad to be back, I hope I didn't lose a bunch of you in the transition!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yea!!!!! I'm so glad you're back. BTW, your blog tonight sounds just like Jen Lancaster :)

Lori said...

I look forward to hearing your account of school. OMG, what are you going to wear???

Related Posts with Thumbnails