Thursday, August 30, 2007

A little proud, I'll admit.

For all you Eagle employees out there:

So, I'm reading my J1 textbook, brushing up for tomorrow's classes (okay, planning kinda close to the last minute), and there's a graphic called "Media Worth Mentioning."

It's a list of the nation's best large newspapers (New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, etc.), but then at the bottom it list four "smaller" papers that have acquired national reputations for excellence.

On the list? The "Eagle-Beacon" of Wichita. You better believe I'll be mentioning that tomorrow, since they all know I worked there...

Of course, I'll have to write the textbook authors (the edition was published in 2003) and tell them they need to double-check and/or update their facts. Just like all those folks in Western Kansas, they must not have gotten word that the "Beacon" was dropped...

5 comments:

Lori said...

Can you also please let them know that our Monday through Thursday features section is WichiTalk -- not Wichita Talk? I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for mentioning The Eagle's shout-out. That is very cool!

Unknown said...

ROCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm in Western Kansas and I konw the Beacon went out of still WAY LONG ago! Puh-lease, beacons are so passe! ;-)

Unknown said...

ROCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm in Western Kansas and I konw the Beacon went out of still WAY LONG ago! Puh-lease, beacons are so passe! ;-)

Unknown said...

But I"m an idiot and accidentally hit the publish button twice, Sorry Jill!

Chris said...

Boo-yah for the Eagle! Can't wait to hear how the football game ends up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails