Saturday, August 4, 2007

Worlds of People Watching - this one's long, gotta catch up

I'm back in Manhattan AGAIN today. Love it here, but jeez, I'm tired of being on the road.

Adam and I went did the "Slide and Ride" (no crude jokes here - it's the official name) yesterday at Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun - two parks, one ticket. It was really the only true day of vacation we've had together since we got back from Georgia in June.

Rides we rode:

The Patriot (new, hadn't been on it before). You hang from that one, and it has tons of loops and corkscrews.

The Mamba (one of the world's tallest and fastest, according to WOF propaganda). Okay, funny story - this is the line we ended up being in for the longest amount of time. Not because there were tons of people there, but because a kid puked on the train RIGHT before we got in line. So, everyone had to get back off the ride, and the staff had to clean it up. Fun fact of the day? It takes four WOF "Ride Ambassadors" 20 minutes to clean up someone's sick. THEN, after that, when the line became 10 miles long, they decided to add a second train, which took about 10 minutes. The wait was totally worth it, though. The first drop on that coaster is freaking huge.

The Timberwolf

The Thunderhawk Sometime, when I'm not posting on the internet, ask me about this ride - the ride itself was great - the person next to me (not Adam), not so great. This one was also a ride I hadn't been on before.

Bamboozler

Fury of the Nile
(longest line of the day - water rides and heat, you know)

Monsoon

We rode rides for about four hours, then went back out to the parking lot and had lunch at the car (a little WOF tailgating) then went back in and over to Oceans of Fun.

Oceans was great - except for the floorshow we got while sitting in the over-21 area of the park. Let me tell you a little story about something that isn't too pretty...

RECIPE FOR DATING DISASTER

Park opens at 10 am
Alcohol served starting at 10 am
Tons of middle aged people in tiny swimsuits (ASIDE: don't you people have jobs?!)
A handful of DRUNK and horny M.A.P.I.T.S.
Beer goggles

By 5 pm, two couples were LIVIN' IT UP in the pool. I'll just let you use your imagination as to what they were doing. It was like a train wreck. Adam and I amused ourselves by doing MST3K-style running commentary of what they were saying.

I totally wish I could have stealthily shot photos of them from our beach chairs. If I wasn't such a wuss about carrying my brand-new camera on scary thrill rides and at a WATER park, there would be photos of these yokels (only I would have blurred out their faces).

•••

Still waiting on the DSL tech to fix our home internet. Maybe I can have Adam take care of that today.

Phew. Gotta stop for a bit.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I had no idea there was an adults-only side to that water park. Would have loved to have seen those photos... I think. Hope you're settling in well in JoCo.

Anonymous said...

I was at WOF on Thursday! darn.. We were soo close to seeing each other! Hope everything is going good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails