Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 1 of Marathon #2 Training

Adam and I did our first official training run for the marathon we're shooting for. It's in Jacksonville, Fla., on President's Day weekend next year. The run was fine, nice and easy, but jeez, it's tough to do anything when it's still 101 degrees out at 8 p.m.

•••

Today was freshman orientation, and tomorrow is the real deal - the first day of school. I'll be glad to get it over with, just to get over the mental hurdle.

We did a pretty cool thing this morning for the freshmen. BV is very much into building connections between students and the school and teachers. There was a red carpet as the students walked into the building, and then all the teachers lined each side of the hall the freshmen walked through. There was a lot of clapping, yelling, high fives, etc. Sure, it was a teeny bit dorky-seeming, but it was really fun, and I don't know about the freshmen, but it energized me for the morning.

They were so cute, trying not to make eye contact with us, trying their damnedest not to smile as they went through (because, after all, they didn't want to seem un-cool).

•••

The JillKat Challenge is moving quite nicely through week 2. I've done all my cardio workouts for this week, tomorrow comes strength training, Friday rest, Saturday strength training. I was happy to discover I dropped two pounds after week 1.

At this point, I'm just really hoping to make the workouts themselves habit. For example, I haven't been able to drag butt outta bed early in the mornings to work out yet, and I used to do that quite frequently. Maybe after this week ends, I can start my morning habit again. At least if I do it in the a.m., then it's done, there's no excuses for not doing at that time of the day, and I don't stew about it later in the day. Of course, with the Marathon training beginning, it makes getting the workouts in something more of a requirement...

Any Morning Motivator tips out there?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails