Saturday, August 11, 2007

The new "Challenge"

Kat and I are embarking on a 10-week challenge. Some of you might have read about it on her blog already.

For the next 10 weeks, we have agreed to workout five days a week. Three cardio workouts and two strength training workouts. At the end of the 10 weeks, if we've done it, we get to reward ourselves with something. I think Kat is planning on a spa day at Healing Waters. That sounds pretty good to me too, although I haven't settled on one thing yet.

If you're wondering how the Chittum Challenge ended, well, not so great. I did lose 3 pound throughout, but then, the last three weeks (FHPW camp, moving and eating fast food for a week straight, and Bethany camp with the carbalicious buffet every meal) put those pounds right back on. Thank God the style now is shirts/dresses with empire waists! They actually look pretty good on me...

Today ends the first week. I've got to do a strength training, and I'll have successfully completed week one. I'm waffling between using the handweights I have and doing it in the apartment, or going over to the fitness room in the clubhouse. There's more options in the fitness room, but the two days I've used it already this week, there was no air-conditioning. The weather report, for those of you who aren't living in Kansas, is: IT'S FRIGGING HOT. Like, 105 degrees hot (yeah, thanks, Denise, I think you jinxed us). I survived the Fitness Room, but on Wednesday I got the bright idea to do a quick 45-minute walk/run outside. I walked 10, ran 12, then walked the rest.

Honestly, had I taken my cell phone with me, I would have called Adam to come and pick me up. I consumed an entire bottle of water on that excursion, and I still felt like I was going to pass out by the time I made it back to the apartment. Hopefully, the memory of that feeling will be enough to drag my butt out of bed IN THE MORNING this week for my workouts. Even if the "low" only gets down to 80, that's still a damn sight better than 105 in the shade.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails